Tuesday 14 March 7pm
This jam session offers a space for acquaintance through co-creation, collective music-making and experiment.
It is the practice of uniting into a living system through music.
It is open to people of any skill level and musical background.
The main thing is the desire and willingness to listen, interact and manifest.
We would like to gather different musicians, professionals and amateurs, electronics and jazzmen, acquaintances and strangers.
The purpose of activity is in the activity itself and the pleasure from it.
At the moment, this activity is focused on adult participants, because children need a special approach.
You can come “just listen”, there is a place for this too.
These are not rules, they cannot be “followed”, but they show the direction in which we are striving.
We just show.
1. Interaction. Jam is not an open mic or a platform to show off. This place is not about I, but about WE.
2. Listening. It is impossible to interact (and play good music, especially improvised) without listening to each other. It’s a skill and a jam is a great place to develop it.
3. Experiment. The purpose of the jam is not to impress the listener, but to discover something new or try yourself in an unusual role. Jam is the perfect testing ground.
4. Development. The Jam Club is a space to enhance musical culture. Everyone who came here with an internal challenge, and managed to overcome it, was rewarded a hundredfold.
5. Inclusiveness. I wanted to make a place where there is no musical snobbery and people of different levels can play together. However, remember that no one is obligated to play with you and the jam is not an “open buffet” or a music nursery. Hence the last point:
6. Respect. To space. To music. To each other. To differences. To customs. So we will win.