Vernissage 23 September – 7pm
Prisma is opening up its studio space for a freakreation session. Join us in the upcoming days with your oversized paintings, too loud music, unwieldy sculptures or finally choreograph that rock opera – no idea is too outlandish.
We welcome our dear associates to unleash their creativity in cahoots, let’s make art together. Prisma opens its doors and provides a space for creation, this week all members are invited to make use of Prisma’s studio space between 2-8 PM- it’s basically free co-working for starving artists.
We will also be showcasing Prisma A.I.R.’s first artist TAMIA. Tamia spent September taking part in Prisma’s recently launched residency program and will be presenting the results of a month of experimentation. Join us for a sneak peek at TAMIA’S tumultuous, alluring work.
Events of the week
- THU (22 Set) / 14h00 – 20h00 / Open Studio*
- FRI (23 Set) / 14h00 – 20h00 / Open Studio*
- FRI (23 Set) / 19h00 – 23h00 / Vernissage Tamia in Residency *
- SAT (24 Set) / 15h00 – 17h00 / Life Drawing Drop In (Entrance 10 EUR)
- SAT (24 Set) / 19h00 – 23h00 / Nariz Entupido: Lorena Izquierdo + Abdul Moimême | Mostafa Anwar Swapan (Entrance 5 EUR)
- SUN (25 Set) / 19h00 – 23h00 / LuMa and Di Grecco (Concert – entrance 3 EUR)
- MON (26 Set) / 17h00 – 20h00 / Open Studio & Exhibition*
- TUE (27 Set) / 17h00 – 20h00 / Open Studio & Exhibition*
- TUE (27 Set) / 19h00 – 23h00 / Prisma Jam Session*
* Free event for all members. Annual membership fee 3 EUR
A visual artist and junior tattoo artist from London, Tamia Stone-Martin is a multidisciplinary creative whose work uses distinct, bold colours, surreal shapes, and abstract figures to breathe life into the mundane. Tamia is a qualified nurse who left their job less than a year ago to pursue being an artist full time; this has since seen Tamia be commissioned to present original works by an independent clothes store in Soho, London, as well as taking them to Paris, Lagos and now to Lisbon as part of the Prisma Art Residency Programme. During this four-week residency Tamia has researched and experimented with new mediums and methods to develop a series of diverse yet alluring paintings.