Painting Box Series - Prisma Estúdio Lisboa
Thursday 7/7 6PM – Tuesday 12/7 11PM
The Painting Box series consists of several box-like apparatuses made of mirror, acetate and wood; combining objects that result from the painting process (acetate and acrylic used as painting palettes). At first glance, the angled mirror makes it seem as though the painted surface is facing the viewer when in reality, due to its unusual movement once the viewer walks through the space, it becomes clear that what is front-facing is the mirror and the reflected image. They are small windows of sky that open in reverse to show us fragments of an inversion of the viewing process. These sculptures are shown parallel to the series of paintings where these materials were used in the process.
Vernissage featuring DJ Sonkoy Mamani 7/7 – 6 pm
Events of the week
- 07.07. (THU) / 6 – 11 pm / Vernissage feat. DJ Sonkoy Mamani
- 08.07. (FRI) / 5 – 8 pm / Drink & Draw
- 09.07. (SAT) / 3 – 5 pm / Life Drawing Drop In (Entrance 10 EUR)
09.07. (SAT) / 7 – 11 pm / Concerto: Lucas Correira & Sergio iMAOs (Entrance 3 EUR)
- 10.07. (SUN) / 5 – 7 pm / Exhibition
10.07. (SUN) / 7 – 11 pm / Concert: A Lisbon Evening With Prisão Platão (Entrance 3 EUR)
- 11.07. (MON) / 5 – 8 pm / Exhibition
- 12.07. (TUE) / 5 – 9 pm / Finissage é Soundtrack Sound
- 12.07. (TUE) / 6 – 7 pm / What did We see?