Creative Residency Programme in Central Lisbon - Prisma Estúdio Lisboa
OPEN CALL (2022-2023)
Who Are We?
PRISMA is a volunteer-run cultural association in the most diverse quarter of central Lisbon (Martim Moniz). The space exists to provide opportunities for emerging artists. To support our project we host paid art residencies. The programme can host up to 4 artists at a time, we provide accommodation, a shared atelier space, access to support and opportunities for collaboration with cultural actors in the city. The residency is run alongside our exhibition programme and schedule of cultural events in which residents are encouraged to participate and collaborate.
This is your opportunity to become immersed in the Lisbon underground art community. You will engage in the daily management of a cultural association and be inspired by the community members.
We welcome artists and organisers from diverse practices and backgrounds, researchers, curators and critics for 1-3 months.
We offer residents the possibility to explore techniques, concepts, ideas and collaborations, to develop a final project whilst receiving feedback and support.
At the end of the programme, each resident will be offered the opportunity to exhibit their works in a final exhibition, publication, workshop, open studios and/or performance in the gallery space in Prisma.
Picture © Marija Reikalas
We Are Looking For…
Participants keen to immerse themselves in our community, the residency is primarily self-led, so you must be motivated and self-directed.
You are willing to engage and share knowledge through talks, seminars, workshops or exhibitions. You can define your contribution in the way that best fits your skills and availability.
Picture © Gilléad-Gaari (GG) Mziray and John David Jaramillo Cardenas
Spaces Available October 2022 – January 2023
- One month
- Two months
- Three months
The cost for each month of the residency is 600-700 euros (as the rooms are of different sizes there is a slight differentiation in prices). Prisma is a not-for-profit organisation, so we encourage you to apply for funding to cover your costs. If you are from a minority group, in a precarious living condition or otherwise unable to self-fund, get in touch to see if you are eligible for a reduced rate.
- Artists-in-Residence will live in a shared apartment directly above the association with views of the castle. The apartment is fully furnished and shared spaces are cleaned weekly.
- Shared atelier space.
- Consultations with curatorial advice.
- Curation, event & exhibition organisation for the final exhibition, workshop, open studio or performance.
Applications Must Include:
- Letter of motivation including a brief description of current practice, statement of intent and goal of the residency (500 words max.);
- Please include preferred dates and duration
- Portfolio (max. 10MB total)
- Optional: letters of recommendation (3 max.)
- All applications should be written in English.
We Will Consider:
Quality of work, potential outreach of the residency, and potential ability to benefit from a Prisma residency programme.
Please apply via the google form