The 13th edition of the Lisbon Open Studios (AAA), whose program includes Prisma as one of the featured studios, which, alongside its residents, invites the artist Toni Sousa to be part of its collaborative space.
Toni Sousa is a Guinea born painter working from Portugal.
Forgoing formal art training Toni’s Outsider Art stems from an innate, lifelong passion to painting which bursts through his expressive, Fauvistic style. Deploying an array of classic mediums such as graphite, pastels, aquarelles and oils, Toni refers to Found Objects in his choice of surfaces, typically recovering articles from the streets and reacting to them in a natural, spontaneous and limpid language that portrays a delicately personal and intimate understanding.
Toni’s themes span the breadth of his voyages, portraying the spirit of his roots, and deliberating insights collected throughout Europe for more than decade, however whichever subject Toni tackles in his work it is always through the persistent vision of a true dreamer.
Lisbon Open Studios (Abertura de Ateliês de Artistas – AAA) – 13th edition
an initiative produced by the Castelo D’If Association, which will take place in various spaces from October 7-9 from 15h00 to 21h00, in which Prisma is included.
In this edition, discover a circuit of studios and creative spaces in the city that will simultaneously show who these 150 artists from 20 different nationalities are and what they do, in the most diverse artistic areas.
Events of the week
- 07.OCT (FRI) / 15h00 – 21h00 / Abertura de Ateliês de Artistas
- 08.OCT (SAT) / 15h00 – 21h00 / Abertura de Ateliês de Artistas
- 08.OCT (SAT) / 11h00 – 13h00 / Life Drawing Drop In (€10)
- 09.OCT (SUN) / 11H30 – 13H30 / Improv workshop (6 sessions 60€)
- 09.OCT (SUN) / 15h00 – 21h00 / Abertura de Ateliês de Artistas
- 11.OCT (TUE) / 19h00 – 23h00 / Prisma Jam
- 12.OCT (WED) / 19h00 – 21h00 / Upcycling Workshop – What a Waste